Nothing but a G Thang
As life gets busier staying in the moment and appreciating each day for whatever gifts, lessons and experiences it offers is challenging. I know I am in trouble when I say to myself, “I cannot wait until Friday,” when it is only Monday. It took me a while to realize that I am wishing precious time away, I think we are all guilty of this.
Given the crazy, unpredictable, unfortunate, scary and tragic things that happen in this world, I feel that it’s important to stop and give thanks for where I am in my life, whether it’s good or bad. It is not easy. I sometimes struggle with expressing gratitude and seeing God’s grace in my life especially on the days, weeks, or months when things are not going great.
To help give me some perspective, I recently started a gratitude journal to document what I am thankful for and what gives me pleasure. For example, I will write down that I am thankful for
· people who take time out of their day to participate in either my bootcamp or BootDance classes.
· a good deal or sale on food or clothes.
· healthy family members and friends.
· being able to go on vacation and knowing that I will have a job when I return. I will come back broke but I will be employed. Thank you Jesus!
· good food, good wine and good friends.
I’ve extended my new practice of journaling my gratitude to social media. Every other week I offer, thankful Tuesdays on Instagram. This is my chance to share what I am thankful for and to hear from all of you what you are thankful for. Let’s share our gratitude with each other to help us remember that we live very privileged lives compared to many people in this world.
I look forward to seeing you on thankful Tuesdays. I hope you find it as beneficial as I do. This is your girl signing off.