Toned arms are just a dip away
The quest for ripped arms worthy of a magazine cover starts with doing consistent workouts, working the right muscles, and sticking with a diet. If you're not down for all of that but still want arms you can be proud of, I've got you! Start with the triceps.
A presenter at a conference told the audience that you need to do twice the amount of work on your triceps because they are an under-trained muscle group. I am not sure if that is true but I do know that your triceps are an important muscle as it is key for extending your elbow. So every time you put your arm out to show off your new manicure, tell your triceps, "thank you!".
Personally, I don't find exercising your triceps all that exciting so when I find a new tricep exercise to add to my workouts, I'm a happy girl. Here's an exercise for your triceps that you can do at home and requires no weights. All you need are three chairs. Here's how to do the three-point tricep dip:
1. Set up three sturdy chairs like the picture below.
2. Place your palms on the end of the two chairs, fingers should be forward, keep your torso upright.
3. Lower your self down in a controlled manner, ensure that you don't go down too low to avoid aggravating your shoulder joint.
4. Lower your self down in a controlled manner, ensure that you don't go down too low to avoid aggravating your shoulder joint.
5. Start with performing 3 sets of 8 reps, then gradually increase the number of reps to 10.
Tips: keep your back tall and avoid rounding your back. If you need some assistance with this exercise, bend your knees as it will reduce the amount of bodyweight you're lifting
Triceps are just one muscle group that you can work to achieve the arm look that you love. I hope you have fun adding this exercise to your workout arsenal.